Stone Age Romeos – a recycling of the Threee Stooges short film, “I’m a Monkey’s Uncle” with Moe, Larry, Shemp, Emil Sitka
That’s not a typo — Stone Age Romeos is more of a recycling of “I’m a Monkey’s Uncle” than a remake. More than half of this film is footage from the original, with new material bookending the original footage. In short, Moe, Larry, and Shemp are hired by Museum of Natural History director Emil Sitka to find proof that cavemen still exists. Our
decrepit intrepid explorers go out, return with the footage, and are overheard by Emil that the whole thing’s a swindle by the Stooges, who shot the footage in Hollywood. He chases them out with a handgun, and the film ends with Emil accidentally shooting himself in the foot.
Stone Age Romeos suffers massively from being a recycled film. Having said that, some of the new footage is quite funny, although Larry storing string in his ear to keep the dust out is weird.
B. Bopper: To verify our theory would require the services of explorers who are indeed intrepid.
Shemp: That’s us, we’re decrepit.
Moe: Here’ s the last known location of the dinosaur
Larry: Ah, c’mon, she’s on television. I always watch Dinah Shore.
Cast of characters
- Shemp Howard (Malice in the Palace) … Shemp (as Shemp)
- Larry Fine (He Cooked His Goose) … Larry (as Larry)
- Moe Howard (Knutzy Knights) … Moe (as Moe)
- Emil Sitka (Who Done It?) … B. Bopper
- Virginia Hunter (Fiddlers Three) … Aggie (archive footage)
- Nancy Saunders (The Ghost Talks) … Maggie (archive footage)
- Dee Green (Brideless Groom) … Baggie (archive footage)
- Barbara Bartay (Pardon My Backfire) … Secretary (uncredited)
- Heinie Conklin (Punchy Cowpunchers) … Milkman (archive footage) (uncredited)
- Joe Palma (Shot in the Frontier) … Caveman Rival (archive footage) (uncredited)
- Cy Schindell (Sing a Song of Six Pants) … Caveman Rival (archive footage) (uncredited)
- Bill Wallace … Caveman Rival (archive footage) (uncredited)
Trivia for Stone Age Romeos
- Most of this short is recycled footage from “I’m a Monkey’s Uncle“.